Background

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Post from the Past #2: 2008 Halloween Party...In light of this Spooky season!

This was the HUGE (and I really mean huge!) party I threw for Halloween.  There was supposed to be 3 of us throwing this thing and it turned into just one, me, lol.  Holly and Amanda saw me floundering and swooped in to rescue me!  Thanks guys!  This party was super fun!  I feel like some of the pictures are missing.  Does anybody have any pictures of this?  If you do, please email them to me at sonkissed05@hotmail.com and add them to the blog.


Sorry some of these pics are bad quality, some of them were taken with a phone. This was a game we played where the girls were blindfolded and had to pick their husbands out of a line up by touch alone!  It's my turn, they played a joke on me and stuck my friend Harmony in the mix.  Boy was I shocked when I grabbed a handful of coconuts! :)


me swinging at the pinata


broken pinata
 Colton and I getting our characters ready.  I was Laura Croft (Tomb Raider) and he was Iceman from Top Gun.  We bleached is hair!  It turned kind of orange on us.


The Ledbetters as smurfs, such a cute idea!


Amanda taking a wack at it!


this was before I got to Harmony!


Little Xander is Bam Bam.


Xander's mommy Bre is a cave woman, in the back ground is Alex and Harmony as Adam and Eve, can you believe that Harmony just had Maquita two weeks before this?  She looks smokin!


another of Xander, he was so stinkin cute!


The Kirks are lumberjacks, The Dyes as Iceman and Tomb Raider, The Ledbetters as Smurfs, and the Webbs as a soldier and a female nurse!


This game is one I stole from our High School Pep Assemblies.  You take nylons and tie one leg around your waist.  You put an orange in the other leg and center that between your legs.  It looks pretty hilarious!  Then you have to swing your hips to bump a balloon across the floor.  We used paper cups.  You want something light that is kinda tricky to steer.  This was one of the legs of a relay.  Niki far left, Cyd the scarecrow girl, Holly, a girl from our ward, someone I don't recognize, and finally on the right is Jessica Henrie (Flory) from the track team.

Niki and Jess, with the "Got Milk" couple on the couch


this is a video of Holly bumping the cup with the orange in the nylons



2nd leg of the relay, another game I stole from my high school pep assemblies (Rangely did some crazy fun things for our assemblies every year!).  You hid a tic tac in a pie pan filled with whipped cream.  Using your face only (mouth and nose) you have to dig around for the tic tac.  I forgot the whipped cream so we improvised and used ice cream.  I think the tic tacs melted in some of the pans though!  Sorry guys!


still searching!


as soon as you found your tic tac then....


another game from yes, RHS StuCo!, The 3rd leg of the relay is to carry an orange,across the room.  The catch is, you have to hold it in your neck and pass it from partner to partner.


tomb raider, scarecrow chick, cave woman girl, and lumberjack diva


same song different verse


This is Nick Garcia.  Ain't he a looker?


hmmm!


He decided to try my hair extension on for size!


Bre made their customs!  Isn't she talented?

This party was soooo fun! But it sure was a lot of work and soooo expensive!  If I ever throw a party this big, I will make sure I have lots of friends to split up the work and cost.  The kind I can count on not to leave it all to me!  Thank you again so much Holly and Amanda for saving me!  This party was such an amazing memory.

See the previous post from the past which is Amanda Webb's baby shower for Cali Jo.

3 comments:

Holly said...

Oh my heck that was so long ago. I forgot about it! Thanks for reposting, it was a very fun party!

Cade and Kelsie said...

Shay I don't know if you remember me I am Colton's friend from Roosevelt. I just stumbled across your blog and thought I'd say hi.

shady brady dye said...

Hey there! I do remember you! Is your blog private? Colton and I would love to be your blog buddy!