Background

Friday, October 8, 2010

Post from the Past #1: Remember This? Amanda Webb's Baby shower for our favorite Cali Jo!

I'm on an organizing kick and right now I'm going through all of our pictures on our computers and memory cards.  I figured this would be a really great time to post all of the things I haven't yet.  And boy there's lots!  It's also a great time because it's fall and we've all moved to different places and I think we're all missing each other a lot right now!  Keep checking older posts to make sure you see all of my posts from our time in Cedar City!  The first one is Amanda's baby shower that Megan and I gave at my house sometime in the fall (specific dates anyone?) of 2008.


This cake will truly be one of a kind, why? Because I will probably never make one again.  They take so stinkin' long!  But I really like how it turned out and it was definitely fun to do...once!


 Amanda and the girlies, Shenille, Lindsey, Holly, Megan


the yarn game, Niki measuring, little did she know she would have her own lil' belly soon (McCoy)!


Lindsey measuring, she would also have a better idea of sizes in the not too distance future (Kennedy)!


And Megan's turn, her new little one hasn't arrived yet! But we are soooooo excited!


Ready to put our strings to the test!  Shenille, Niki, Lindsey, Holly, Megan, and Shay


Check out how tiny miss Amanda Webb is!  We all remember envying how good she looked throughout her entire pregnancy!  This is Megan fondling the belly! :)


Nikki getting to feel up Amanda! hee hee hee!


Shenille sizin' her up!


Lindsey testin' it out!


Holly checkin' out the baby goods!


Shay sinchin' it up!  ...Ok, Ok, I'm done with the cheesy belly string comments! :)







Megan made this gorgeous blanket!  She is AMAZING!!!  We all miss her and Colten oodles!




The theme was instead of bringing cards, you brought a baby book with your gift instead.  Here is the little poem we put inside the invitations:


Although words are nice with their sentiment and prayer, 
they’re read once or twice and tucked away with care.   
A book is a treasure, words and pictures unite, 
read over and over to teach and delight.   
So instead of a card for Baby and mother, 
Please give a child’s book with your thoughts in the cover.   
Your book will be cherished; God will watch from above, 
When it’s read they will remember your kindness and love.


This post makes me emotional!  I miss everyone so much and look back at this baby shower with such memories!

2 comments:

amanda webb said...

Oh my gosh! It makes me sad to look at these pictures....only because I miss you guys....I miss everyone!! Thanks for posting these pics, it was fun to look back and remember...I don't if I like the fact that there were too many pics of me prego...but hey, I'm kinda starting to miss the tum tum! Thanks again...miss you guys!!

Holly said...

Hey girl.
So glad you commented on the blog. I had no idea you had one. Now I can stock you! ;)
Don't be worried I also have polycystic ovaries & my doc said it didn't interfere w/ the pregnancy issues at all. It depends on where your cysts have a tendency to go. Yes, fertility drugs do increase your chance of multiples. Is that such a bad thing? Haha, don't answer that.
You will be fine. It's knowing your body, do your research & find a good doctor. Don't be afraid to switch docs if you didn't click or it didn't feel right. I did. I pretty much shopped for a doctor. I got sick of them just wanting to put me on fertility drugs rather than find out what was actually wrong.
Hope all is well!
Holly